– the yellow butterfly eggs we always found on the swing set
– the noise my nanny’s sandals made when she ran through the house
– the way I was afraid my stuffed animals would come to life and kill me, so I created a rotating schedule so that I could sleep with a different one every night, so that none of them would fall into a insane jealous murdering rage from being neglected. I had about three weeks worth of stuffed animals to go through.
– living in a house full of ghosts
– the aliens are coming and you watch the ship descend into your swimming pool
– the way I used to shoplift small yellow potatoes from the mall when I was young
– the family in Tijuana that lived in the wooden shack by the basketball court
– a recipe. I’ve never written a recipe.
– a fake autobiography of a 13th-century biologist